Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Seemeen's Pay It Forward

Part 1
Pay it Forward is when you do a random act of kindness to 3 different people and then those 3 people do a random act of kindness to 3 other people, this creates a ripple affect. These people do not expect anything in return, they just do a random act of kindness to feel good about it.

Part 2
My pay it forward act of kindness was buying different items and donating them to the children's hospital. I chose this activity because I thought all of those kids in the hospital that are sick and they have nothing to do, sometimes they just lie there and watch TV, sleep, the nurse might come in and take there blood, or they might have to get a CT scan or a Cat scan. So I decided to bring them something that they can do while they are in the hospital, I wanted them to take there mind off, of why they were in the hospital. I helped kids that were sick in the hospital. I bought different activities/ toys that they can play with/ do. I did my act of kindness on Jan.2,2014.







Part 3
My act of kindness went well, I feel really good about what I did. I felt so good about it I think that I might sign up for their Dr. Goodbear Club and they ask for people or other kids my age to raise money and awareness for things like donate books and give a birthday present to kids in the hospital on their birthday. I walked into the donation centre and a lady came up to me and asked who I was and why I was there. I told her I spoke to Tammy on the phone and she said I could come o the 2nd or 3rd of January. She then asked me to fill out some information and take a picture with Blair a very nice man, so that their Facebook page. They were so grateful for what I did. At first they looked shocked a me when I told them my age and how a girl at 13 could do something so big. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the looks on the kids faces when they saw the gifts. No, I did not ask the person to pay it forward, I explained what it was and why I was doing what I did, but I didn't ask them to pay it forward. When I first called them to ask when I could go and donate them the lady sounded surprised and she said " Right on! The kids would love that." she gave me the response that I was hoping for. I didn't ask the person to pay it forward because I thought that they already had so many problems in trying to help the kids, so I didn't want to put something else on their minds to worry about.


Part 4
I think the idea of pay it forward was important because so many people need there life to be more exciting or sometimes to brighten up people's day. Also because it is the nice thing to do. My act of kindness can make a difference because many kids will be happy that someone cares and that they want them to smile. I know that my pay it forward will make a difference in each and every one of those 16 kids.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Wikipedia

Search results

Creative Commons License