Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Heather's Pay it Forward


















Part 1
Pay it Forward is doing an act of kindness towards others. It can be indirect or direct. You don't get anything in return, you just feel good about it. And if they do offer something in return you just tell them to pass on an act of kindness to other people.


Part 2
My Pay it Forward act of kindness was visiting a senior home Betelstadur.
I chose to do this activity because they are grandparents, parents, friend, daughter and son to others and they have been there for their family and friends. Others don't realize how big of a help they were to us, so I payed it forward to them as an act of kindness and appreciation. 
I helped out the seniors who lives alone at the senior home at Betelstadur.
There we accompanied the seniors. My friends and I served them free coffee and food like egg rolls, cupcakes, cookies, mandarins, etc. We chatted for a little bit and handed each one of them a Christmas card.
My friends and I did this act of kindness on Christmas Eve at Betelstadur during 1:00 P.M until 3:00 P.M.



Part 3
My act of kindness went very well. 
My friends and I along with my friend's mom, great aunt and my sister (Bethel) helped us buy supplies and ingredients for the seniors. We bought Christmas cards, supplies for baking, ingredients for the food we made and Christmas hats for us to wear. After buying the ingredients for the food we made, my friends and I went to cook the food and brought them over at the seniors home. We went to the seniors home around 10:30 A.M. and prepared the place for them. My friends and I then chatted a little bit with them and at 3:00 P.M. we cleaned up and went to celebrate Christmas Eve with our family and friends.
It was a long day for us, though it felt good seeing those bright smiles on their face.
They were very fond of our act of kindness for them, it was so nice seeing them interact with their neighbours and friends. 
We did ask them to Pay it Forward. They didn't react a lot, but while we were saying it, I saw a lot of them having serious faces and it seemed like it was for sure that they will pay it forward to someone else too. 

Part 4
Pay it Forward is important because it brings back the joy and love to all people. It shows how a small act of kindness can be a big difference to all people. This small act of kindness spreads bigger and is a world-wide action.
I do think that my pay it forward act of kindness has made a difference because to the seniors, they were not lonely and they gathered together to have a great time with those who love them and who they love the most.









Video of my friends and I performing Song for You by Bridgit Mendler and Shane Harper :




1 comment:

  1. Heather, you did a really good job on your pay it forward and I especially like the video and the one when you were all singing. I like your answer to the question what was their reaction. I also like your choice in the type of pay it forward action.

    ReplyDelete

 

Wikipedia

Search results

Creative Commons License